[sheepdog] [Sheepdog][Libvirt]How should i test sheepdog in libvirt

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:55:07 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I also have two questions.
>
> 1, Before create Sheepdog volume by virsh command, i must build Sheepdog
> and libvirt environment, right?
>
> 2, There are all the commit logs of Sheepdog, which can be found here.
> http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=sheepdog
> Therefore, i cannot catch the changes you made in the latest Libvirt git tree.
> The patch you made for Libvirt at 2010-12-09, which was merged by Eric Blake.
> Shoud i download Eric Blake's git tree? But where is Eric Blake's git tree?
> Morita, could you please tell me how i can get your patch's git tree?
> Your patch can be found here.
> http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=036ad5052b43fe9f0d197e89fd16715950408e1d
>
> Thanks for your help very much ;-)

I have solved the second question like following:

1, git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
2, cd libvirt
3, git reset --hard 036ad50

NOTE: 036ad50 is the commit SHA1 key of that patch.

Therefore, we cannot see the changes you did in libvirt/src/qemu/qemu_conf.c
file of latest libvirt git tree. I have also searched all the logs
libvirt developers did
for sheepdog driver, which they did not modified your patch completely. All the
sheepdog change logs can be seen here.
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=sheepdog

--
Thanks