[sheepdog] [sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] stable sheepdog branch

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 14:23:02 CEST 2013

At Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:32:52 +0900,
Hitoshi Mitake wrote:

> At Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:21:18 +1000,
> Joseph Glanville wrote:
> >
> > As part of creating stable branches can we also talk about upgrades
> > between stable releases?
> > Stuff like guidelines regarding ABI compatibility between stable
> > releases and rolling upgrades.
>
> I'm planning to keep compatibility between each stable release of QEMU
> and sheepdog. e.g. QEMU stable-1.5 should always be able to talk with
> sheepdog stable-0.6.
>
> So users who want to upgrade stable QEMU or stable sheepdog should
> upgrade other side to the corresponding version. I'd like to prepare a
> document of this guideline later.
>
> The release cycle of sheepdog is corresponding to the cycle of QEMU,
> it would be a natural way.

As a first step of stable-0.6, I created the branch stable-0.6 and
pushed some commits of bug fixes to it:
https://github.com/collie/sheepdog/tree/stable-0.6

BTW, I'd like to hear your opinion. Should I send emails of patches to
the sheepdog mailing list? It would be convenient for review.

Thanks,
Hitoshi