[sheepdog] [disscuss] Design of Libsheepdog

Kai Zhang kyle at zelin.io
Mon Jul 1 03:58:00 CEST 2013

On Jul 1, 2013, at 7:29 AM, MORITA Kazutaka <morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> At Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:29:28 +0800,
> Kai Zhang wrote:

>>> I think the syntax of addr needs discussion:
>>> - How to specify a port number?
>>> - How to connect to a unix domain socket?
>>>

>> I think we can use a unified form: "ip:port".
>>
>> If the ip is local, sd_init() will try to use unix domain socket.
>
> Do you mean "localhost:<unix domain socket path>"?

Well, what I meant is that user don't need to care about unix domain socket.
They always use string "x.x.x.x:nnnn" as the argument.
However, libsheepdog can detect whether x.x.x.x is a local ip.
It it is, I think we can predicate a unix domain socket path based on the ip and port number.
For example, we can have a rule that if a sheep is listening on 127.0.0.1:1234,
it's unix domain socket path should be something like /tmp/sheepdog/127_0_0_1-1234.sock

Thanks,
Kyle