[sheepdog] [sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] stable sheepdog branch

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:32:52 CEST 2013

At Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:21:18 +1000,
Joseph Glanville wrote:

> As part of creating stable branches can we also talk about upgrades
> between stable releases?
> Stuff like guidelines regarding ABI compatibility between stable
> releases and rolling upgrades.

I'm planning to keep compatibility between each stable release of QEMU
and sheepdog. e.g. QEMU stable-1.5 should always be able to talk with
sheepdog stable-0.6.

So users who want to upgrade stable QEMU or stable sheepdog should
upgrade other side to the corresponding version. I'd like to prepare a
document of this guideline later.

The release cycle of sheepdog is corresponding to the cycle of QEMU,
it would be a natural way.

Thanks,
Hitoshi