[sheepdog] Some thoughts based on my preliminary I/O test

Hongyi Wang hongyi at zelin.io
Thu May 23 08:10:33 CEST 2013

I understand this is not a failure. But the problem is big IO which causes "poll timeout" hugely degrades the performance. For my test, I tried to write a 10GB file (bs=4m), which is expected to complete in 30m even in 100M network bandwidth. But I cannot finish it in 2 hours (actually I had to kill the task). That is a bit wield.