[sheepdog] effective storing backups and deduplication

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Wed Feb 11 12:57:32 CET 2015

Hi! I need to store user backups and allows to download it. I see in
google that sheepdog supports deduplication, but can't find info in
sheepdog docs about it. Does sheepdog support deduplication?

Also i think not use cluster wide snapshots because i want to dedicate
backup server from other sheepdog nodes, so i need to copy user vdi
from compute node to backup node. Does somebody can say how can i do
that in optimal way?

Thanks!

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,