[sheepdog] filesystem errors when using sheepdog

Maxim Terleckiy max.terleckiy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:54:09 CEST 2015

As I remember discard is not supported by virtio bus, so you need to use
virtio-scsi instead. In that case it will be necessary to add virtio-scsi
controller to vm definition.

I had similar problems with discard and missing blocks at 0.8.0, so I think
it is some kind of long last bug. Additionally I had problem with
virtio-scsi attached disks in case of reconnection to cluster after cluster
unavalability. With simple virtio when io is stuck, vm is just waiting for
cluster responding, trying to reconnect and so on. With virtio-scsi my vms
were always diying with kernel panics even during short periods of cluster
unavailibility.