[sheepdog] RFC: migrating development process from mailing list to github pull request

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:58:55 CEST 2015

Hi sheepdog developers,

I'm considering about an idea of migrating development process from
mailing list to github pull request. A main motivation of this
proposal is testing. Recent patch from Christopher at NIMBOXX added a
support of docker. If we apply it well, modern testing services
(e.g. circle CI) can be used. It would make development more
effective e.g. automated testing per pull requests.

In the past, some developers e.g. Vasiliy proposed this idea. At
that time I didn't think there's no enough reason for
migration. However, testing services + docker is quite attractive for
me.

(Of course, if we need to post patches to mailing lists of related
projects (QEMU, tgt, libvirt, etc), this mailing list should be used.)

I'd like to hear your comments.

Thanks,
Hitoshi