[sheepdog] Is sheepdog still actively maintained?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Mar 17 02:31:20 CET 2019

On 3/16/19 8:01 PM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 08:20:25 +0900,
> Miles Fidelman wrote:
>> So who is using Sheepdog in production?
> Our subsidiaries are using it.

Can you elaborate just a bit.  At what scale, is it a long term
commitment, how do you intend to support it?

In asking, I'm thinking all those projects that started internally, then
were open sourced in order to maintain a large user, and support, base.
Erlang comes to mind.

If "your subsidiaries" are using it, and intend to keep doing so, that
might suggest being a bit aggressive in making sure that there's a
larger, organized, user base!

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown