[sheepdog] [RFC v5 000/126] error: auto propagated local_err

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 19:57:25 CET 2019

Hi

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 7:31 PM Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
<vsementsov at virtuozzo.com> wrote:

> Finally, what is the plan?
>
> Markus what do you think?
>
> Now a lot of patches are reviewed, but a lot of are not.
>
> Is there any hope that all patches will be reviewed? Should I resend the
> whole series, or may be reduce it to reviewed subsystems only?

I don't think we have well established rules for whole-tree cleanups
like this. In the past, several cleanup series got lost.

It will take ages to get every subsystem maintainer to review the
patches. Most likely, since they are quite systematic, there isn't
much to say and it is easy to miss something that has some hidden
ramifications. Perhaps whole-tree cleanups should require at least 2
reviewers to bypass the subsytem maintainer review? But my past
experience with this kind of exercice doesn't encourage me, and
probably I am not the only one.