[Stgt-devel] Current SVN

Tom Tucker tom
Mon Aug 21 08:39:44 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 04:03 +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> From: Tom Tucker <tom at opengridcomputing.com>
> Subject: [Stgt-devel] Current SVN
> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:06:43 -0500
>
> > Tomo:
> >
> > It looks like in the most recent svn repo (532) you moved all of the
> > core changes from the svn tree to the patchset against the git tree.
> > This is cool, but the makefile still attempts to build ./kernel from the
> > svn tree which contains old code -- and not unexpectedly breaks. I think
> > you need to remove the "make -C kernel" from the root Makefile.
>
> Yep. I fixed it. Thanks.

No problem.

> Maybe it would be better to remove kernel code in svn to avoid
> confusion. Probabaly, we will do when the git tree is ready.

Yeah, this would be great.

> By the way, I've tried the user-space iSCSI target code exploiting
> user-space tgt code. I can make an ext2 file system with open-iscsi,
> however, It's far from completion. I just wanted to see how things
> work. We are still not sure where the Linux iSCSI target code lives
> (user or kernel).

BTW, I'll send an updated patch tomorrow that allows multiple transports
under iSCSI. If you could take a look and comment, that would be great.
It's basically all user-mode code that abstracts out listen/accept/poll
so we can put in separate implementations for TCP vs. RDMA. Unlike the
first patch, it will allow the sockets implementation to be in user-mode
for login just like it is now.