[Stgt-devel] IBM vscsi target driver

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Mar 15 05:34:49 CET 2006

Hi James and Linda,

I've added TMF support to tgt and the ibmvstgt driver (though it has
not tested heavily yet) so that the driver provides the features that
the original ibmvscsis does and it is ready for wider exposure, I
think.

I'm thinking about submitting ibmvstgt after the patchset that I've
submitted to scsi-ml is merged to the scsi-target tree.

Here's a couple of questions before that:

a) naming ?

I have no preference in the driver name as long as it meets the
criteria for the mainline inclusion. Are IBM guys happy about
'ibmvstgt'? or any suggestions?

b) IB's srp.h

IB people created include/scsi/srp.h. Does the driver need to use it
instead of the old srp header file (drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/srp.h) to
go into the scsi-target tree?