[Stgt-devel] mutual login failed

Albert Pauw pauw
Fri Mar 30 18:48:39 CEST 2007

I tried mutual login (in and outgoing) but it failed.
Using wireshark and comparing the same sequence with another target (Wasabi) I found the following:

The target answers wrong after the correct first part. The outgoing username is not offered, but the password is (encrypted). So when the target needs to answer the initiator with its own CHAP_N and CHAP_R it fills in the CHAP_R (assuming that is correct) but the outgoing name is not filled in the CHAP_N field, it is empty.

So the login fails.