[Stgt-devel] stgt and large devices?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Tue May 15 16:35:11 CEST 2007

I have a large device (650 GB or so) which I used to export with IET
like that:

Target iqn.2006-08.net.syneticon:thecus.backup
Lun 0 Path=/dev/mapper/LVM2-backup,Type=fileio
Alias backup

As I wanted to try stgt, I stopped IET, started tgtd, and tgtadm:

tgtadm --op new --mode target --tid 1 -T
iqn.2006-08.net.syneticon:thecus.backup
tgtadm --op new --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun 0 -b
/dev/mapper/LVM2-backup
tgtadm --op bind --mode target --tid 1 -I ALL

The initiator can connect, but the content of the disk is different from
that on the real disk - I can't mount the filesystem.

when I browse through the beginning of a disk, I can see some familiar
content, but it is nevertheless different.

With smaller targets (I tried up to 25 GB), everything is fine.

Was stgt tested with big devices?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org