[Stgt-devel] Question about the basic concept of SCSI layer and Block layer

jidong xiao jidong.xiao
Wed May 23 15:53:34 CEST 2007

Hi,All,
  I have a question, what's the relationship between SCSI layer and Block
layer?I remember initially there are three types of device drivers, say,
char device driver, block device driver, network device driver, so there is
a directory "drivers/block",but recent years,most part of the code for block
devices have been moved out of the directory drivers/block, but there is
still a block I/O layer, so I am wondering what's the relationship between
Block layer and other subsystem, like how to connect block layer and
filesystem(VFS or the actually file system), how to bridge it with scsi
layer, for example, the scsi disk driver, sd.o. Who can please kindly
explain this for me, thank you very much!

Best Regards
Jason