[Stgt-devel] Question for pass-through target design

Douglas Gilbert dougg
Mon May 7 21:19:17 CEST 2007

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> From: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp>
> Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] Question for pass-through target design
> Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 00:14:37 +0900
>
>> From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst at vlnb.net>
>> Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] Question for pass-through target design
>> Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 18:26:47 +0400
>>
>>> Robert,
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar at all with SRP and VSCSI (never tried them or seen the
>>> hardware), so I could easily confuse them, but I think I should point
>>> you at
>>> http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/iwg/2007-March/000378.html. This
>>> is SCSI RDMA Protocol (SRP) Target driver for Linux. It works over SCST,
>>> so it should support pass-through.
>> VSCSI stuff (ibm pSeries virtual SCSI) is related with Infiniband.
>
> Oops,
>
> VSCSI stuff (ibm pSeries virtual SCSI) is not related with Infiniband.

Tomo,
Looking at drivers/scsi/Kconfig there does seem to be
some connection:

config SCSI_IBMVSCSI
        tristate "IBM Virtual SCSI support"
        depends on PPC_PSERIES || PPC_ISERIES
        help
          This is the IBM POWER Virtual SCSI Client
config SCSI_IBMVSCSIS
        tristate "IBM Virtual SCSI Server support"
        depends on PPC_PSERIES && SCSI_TGT && SCSI_SRP
        help
          This is the SRP target driver for IBM pSeries virtual environments.

When I see SRP than I presume infiniband is involved.

Perhaps you might elaborate.

Doug Gilbert