[Stgt-devel] [patch 1/2] passthrough target notification function

Robert Jennings rcj
Thu May 31 03:26:29 CEST 2007

* FUJITA Tomonori (fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp) wrote:
> From: Robert Jennings <rcj at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> Subject: [Stgt-devel] [patch 1/2] passthrough target notification function
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:17:45 -0500
>
> > We spoke about this last week on the mailing list in relation to
> > pass-through for kernel lld's.  This would notify scsi_tgt of any
> > target logical units that should be handled in the kernel.  Here is a
> > first pass, this is the user-space portion.
> >
> > Send target state updates to the kernel (in-kernel pass-through enablement)
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> From a quick look, you try to bind an lld to a scsi_host? If so, we
> can't (yeah, user-space code does something like that, but it's
> wrong. it needs be fixed). We need to bind a scsi_host to a tgt
> scsi_host (please read the previous pass-through discussion).

If I'm understanding you correctly, the target software assigns one
scsi_host to only one remote initiator.  This would mean that you want to
assign an entire physical adapter on the target side to a tgt scsi_host
that an initiator will see?  And then this would be a 1:1 relationship
of initiator to target.  Is this all correct?

--Rob Jennings