[Stgt-devel] Target error during bench test

Joseph L. Casale jcasale
Wed Oct 10 16:48:27 CEST 2007

I have tgt running on CentOS 5 (Final) kernel version 2.6.22.6 with Adaptec SRCS16 controllers, the target has one disc (sda) for os and one disc (sdb) for tgt and an Intel Pro 1000 MT NIC. Tgt has a partition on sdb exported as a device using defaults as per tgt readme, the rest of the space is unused. The target was configured entirely with scstadmin.

The client is also running CentOS 5 (Final) kernel version 2.6.18-8.el5 with the open-scsi ini that ships with it. It has a Broadcom NC7781 PCI-X Gigabit NIC.

I am running the tests from http://iscsi.studiokubota.com/ and bench.pid.out shows a problem with the tar test. Attached is my message.1, given this info can anyone shed some light on what is happening to the target to cause this failure?

Thank you for your help,
jlc