[Stgt-devel] Open connections

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Thu Apr 10 16:16:45 CEST 2008

Niels de Carpentier schrieb:

(...)

>> Other problem I had with today's git is that tgtd "hangs", i.e., the
>> process still exists, but:
>
> There should be 2 processes, probably 1 died? I've had this happen during
> a initiator reconnect while the target was being configured. Putting the
> target offline during configuration has solved all these issues for me.

It happened again - only one initiator was connected and operational,
after ~2 days of iscsi connection. I didn't restart anything, filter
packets, unplug cables, reconfigure or anything like that.

Initiator:

Apr 10 14:43:44 backup1 kernel:  connection1:0: iscsi: detected conn
error (1011)
Apr 10 14:43:44 backup1 iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 1:0
error (1011) state (3)

Target:

# tgtadm --op show --mode target
tgtadm: can't connect to the tgt daemon, Connection refused
tgtadm: can't send the request to the tgt daemon, Transport endpoint is
not connected

There is indeed only one tgtd process.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski