[Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Wed Feb 6 01:22:52 CET 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:58:53 -0500
Pete Wyckoff <pw at osc.edu> wrote:

> mangoo at wpkg.org wrote on Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:04 +0100:
> > Anyway - if tgtd can be only killed with KILL signal - isn't it risky to
> > do so? For example, something may be still cached, not full transferred?
> > Will SCSI stack take care of it properly?
>
> I too would like a clean shutdown mechanism.  For testing and system
> scripts.  Target should go away cleanly:  drop incoming tasks, wait
> for pending ops to finish and send responses, drop existing
> connections, close 3260, flush logs, exit.  It may be somewhat

I have no problem about having a better shutdown mechanism though
there are tons of high-priority items in my TODO list.

> complex to get right.  Recently iscsid grew a SIGTERM handler too.
> See abd1595d358b1cfe6c059aeea74f6ecdc748f461.

In what git tree is this commit?