[Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Performance of SCST versus STGT

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst
Thu Jan 17 14:44:31 CET 2008

Robin Humble wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 01:34:46PM +0300, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
>
>>Hmm, I can't find which IB hardware did he use and it's declared Gbps
>>speed. He declared only "Mellanox 4X SDR, switch". What does it mean?
>

> SDR is 10Gbit carrier, at most about  ~900MB/s data rate.
> DDR is 20Gbit carrier, at most about ~1400MB/s data rate.

Thanks. Then the single threaded rate with one outstanding command
between SCST SRP on 8Gbps link vs STGT iSRP on 10Gbps link (according to
that paper) is 600MB/s vs ~480MB/s (page 26). Still SCST based target is
about 60% faster.