[Stgt-devel] Performance of SCST versus STGT

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche
Sun Jan 20 10:36:18 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 1:08 PM, Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst at vlnb.net> wrote:

> [ ... ]
> So, seems I understood your slides correctly: the more valuable data for
> our SCST SRP vs STGT iSER comparison should be on page 26 for 1 command
> read (~480MB/s, i.e. ~60% from Bart's result on the equivalent hardware).

At least in my tests SCST performed significantly better than STGT.
These tests were performed with the currently available
implementations of SCST and STGT. Which performance improvements are
possible for these projects (e.g. zero-copying), and by how much is it
expected that these performance improvements will increase throughput
and will decrease latency ?

Bart.