[Stgt-devel] Performance of SCST versus STGT

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche
Tue Jan 22 08:50:03 CET 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 4:26 AM, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> First, I recommend you to examine iSER stuff more since it has some
> parameters unlike SRP, which effects the performance, IIRC. At least,
> you could get the iSER performances similar to Pete's.

Documentation about configuring iSER parameters at the initiator side
appears to be hard to find. A Google query for (iscsiadm "op update"
"v iser" -- http://www.google.com/search?q=iscsiadm+%22op+update%22+%22v+iser%22)
gave only one result:
http://www.mail-archive.com/stgt-devel at lists.berlios.de/msg00033.html.
I also found an update of this document:
http://www.mail-archive.com/stgt-devel at lists.berlios.de/msg00133.html.

Are you referring to parameters like MaxRecvDataSegmentLength,
TargetRecvDataSegmentLength, InitiatorRecvDataSegmentLength and
MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs as explained in RFC 5046
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5046.txt) ?

It would be interesting for me to know which values Pete had
configured in his tests, such that I can configure the same values for
these parameters.

Bart.