[Stgt-devel] How to setup a DVD RW

Albert Pauw apauw
Sun Jul 13 00:02:16 CEST 2008

Just found the problem, which is quite mundane.

udev creates automatically the device for the cdrom, in my case /dev/sr1,
with ownership root:disk. The attributes are rw-rw----, which means
as a normal user I can't write to it, K3B run as the normal user can't
either.
The test with dvdrecord was done as root and succeeded.
When I changed /dev/sr1 to rw-rw-rw, it worked in K3B as well.

Albert