[Stgt-devel] Tuning iSER for performance

Erez Zilber erezz
Mon Mar 3 22:00:27 CET 2008

> > Another thing that looks strange - from looking at the logs, I don't see
> > that work is done in parallel. A command is received, iSCSI processing
> > is done and it is sent to bs processing (which seems to be idle until
> > that point in time). Now, nothing happens until bs processing is
> > complete. I will try to look more into the code and try to understand
> > it, but can someone try to elaborate on this?
>
> sgp_dd issues only one SCSI command at a time?

We run sgp_dd & disktest with more than a single thread, so I expect to see more than a single cmd in parallel. Note that if I run the same cmd directly on the device (on the target machine), I see better numbers. It means that the benchmark is ok.

Erez