[Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Mon Mar 10 08:08:37 CET 2008

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
> Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
> Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:35:52 +0100
>
>> FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:

>>> I was thinking about something like:
>>>
>>> tgtadm --op update --mode sys --name state -v running
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have there been any changes in this area (I remember some discussion
>> here, but I can't find any posts)?
>>
>> Or is it still recommended to use iptables before/after starting tgtd?
>
> Hmm, this doesn't work for your?
>
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/stgt-devel/2008-February/001380.html

Oh yes. That was the post I was looking for.

But it looks that there is still this issue then - so it may fail sometimes:

  there is a race
  between the first and second operations (that is, you need to peform
  the second right after the first, before the initiator tries to
  connect). I'm fine with changing the default state to 'offline'.

?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org