[Stgt-devel] how to delete a target which is online?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Thu Mar 13 10:24:15 CET 2008

FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:34:02 +0100
> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>
>> How can I delete a target which is still online?
>>

>> # tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode target --op delete --tid=46
>> tgtadm: this target unit is still active
>>

>> Obviously, I should logout the initiators from that target first, but
>> sometimes it's just too hard or impossible.
>>
>> Is it possible to delete a target which is still online?
>
> Sorry, it's still in my todo list. I try to work on this next wek.
>
> BTW, changing the target state to offline might work (initiators might
> give up).

No, giving it an offline state doesn't help here.

But good it's on a todo list - although one doesn't use this feature
every day, one would appreciate it at the times it's needed...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org