[Stgt-devel] Open connections

Niels de Carpentier stgt
Wed Mar 19 04:18:46 CET 2008

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 03:53:36 +0100 (CET)
> "Niels de Carpentier" <stgt at decarpentier.com> wrote:
>
>> The issue where a connection isn't properly closed because
>> it_nexus_destroy returns EBUSY.
>>
>> This probably isn't very important anymore, as the reconnect should now
>> close the old connection properly.
>
> We hit that issue since tgt doesn't implement session reinstatement
> properly, I think.
>
> You still hit that issue with the patch?

Yes, that issue is still there. (And it actually happens before the
session reinstatement).

- The initial connection is made.
- The initial connection is closed (but the nexus isn't properly deleted).
- The connection is reinstated.

The connection reinstatement now works properly, but some data is still
left behind from the old connection. If I comment out the EBUSY check,
everything works fine. The show output after a boot now looks like this
(nexus 2 wasn't closed properly):

tgtadm --op show --mode target

Target 1: iqn.2008-04.com.test:storage.front001
    System information:
        Driver: iscsi
    I_T nexus information:
        I_T nexus: 2
            I_T nexus: 3
            Initiator: front_dom0
            Connection: 0
                IP Address: 10.0.0.84
    LUN information:
        LUN: 0
            Type: controller
            SCSI ID: deadbeaf1:0
            SCSI SN: beaf10
            Size: 0 MB
            Online: Yes
            Poweron/Reset: Yes
            Removable media: No
            Backing store: No backing store
        LUN: 1
            Type: disk
            SCSI ID: deadbeaf1:1
            SCSI SN: beaf11
            Size: 2147 MB
            Online: Yes
            Poweron/Reset: No
            Removable media: No
            Backing store: /dev/vg_images/frontend001
        LUN: 2
            Type: disk
            SCSI ID: deadbeaf1:2
            SCSI SN: beaf12
            Size: 1074 MB
            Online: Yes
            Poweron/Reset: No
            Removable media: No
            Backing store: /dev/vg_images/frontend001_swap
    Account information:
        frontend
    ACL information:
        10.0.0.0/24