[Stgt-devel] Is anyone working on SSC?

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg
Sat May 24 00:00:57 CEST 2008

I think there are some people working on it.

I would be willing to put in some efforts into it as well.

I would like to see an SSC emulation that is complete enough to make
it possible to use all
of the major backup applications with it.
I.e.   way beyond what something that "mt" or "dd of=/dev/rmt0" needs.

In fact   I think SSC emulation would be semi-pointless unless we cant
get it to be compatible with
all of the major backup applications.

Will you have access to one/several of the major backup applications ?
A good start is to use one such app with an iscsi tape device and map
out which sommands and subcommands
it is using   and implement those first.

ronnie s