[stgt] setting write cache fails in recent git

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Oct 16 15:45:16 CEST 2008

Doron Shoham schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
>>> Doron Shoham schrieb:
>>>
>>> (...)

>>> Could you give me an example tgtadm code which does this?
>> I meant syntax, like:
>>
>> tgtadm --some option --here bstype
>>

> You will define in the conf file:
> backing-store /dev/sdb <bstype>
> bstype can be aio, mmap, null, rdwr or ssc.

I assume it would default to some value as well, if <bstype> is not present?

You would have to split $backing_store variable somewhere close to here:

sub add_backing_direct {
         my $backing_store = $_[0];

Because a couple of lines farther we check if the device is in use.

For splitting, see "if ($option eq "outgoinguser") {".

Another option would be to configure it like below:

backing-store /dev/sdb
bstype rdwr

In this case, it has to be hooked in a similar way the lun detection is
done.

> and the equivalent tgtadm command will be something like:
> tgtadm -- tgtadm --lld $driver --op new --mode logicalunit --tid $next_tid --lun $lun -b $backing_store -E $bstype
>
> btw,
> what is the "device-type" config option?

# tgtadm --op show --mode target|grep Type
             Type: controller
             Type: disk

Other would be tape (not supported), cd, etc.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org