[stgt] stgtd 0.9.3 : Read-Errors using iser transport

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Wed Feb 18 12:29:18 CET 2009

Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:

> Runs without problems over TCP over IB. We have this setting in production since a while.
> Please have a look on my recent postings in open-iscsi mailing list.
[...]
> Yes, but I also tried on ConnectX HCAs wich reproduces the read errors perfectly.

OK, this morning I did some reading over your previous postings to open-iscsi and stgt and also some testing. The news is that I have this reproduced on my setup. When I use a different target, it doesn't happen! so I think we're quite narrowed this to be stgt's fault, we'll see...

Is it correct that at some point you said that a patch of Pete which deferrers sending the scsi response till the rdma-write is completed makes the problem disappear? do you have this patch in a form that applies on tgt's head?

Also, just to make sure we're on the same page: for write you use opat=1 and for read ipat=1 mismatch=1, correct?

Or.