[stgt] VTL tape not working

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Sun Feb 22 10:18:15 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:07:30 +0100
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> > On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:15:05 +0100
> > Albert Pauw <albert.pauw at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> here's my test. It seems that the tape-file is not updated at all.
> >>
> >> here is what I have/did:
> >>
> >> the relevant part of /etc/tgt/targets.conf:
> >
> > I realized that tgt-admin can't set up ssc properly. You need to use
> > tgtadm to set up ssc.
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you tell me what should tgt-admin do to setup ssc correctly?
>
> I.e., give me an example config entry and a tgtadm line it should output
> (if the order matters, please also tell me what tgtadm commands should
> be started before/after).

ssc can handle only 'ssc' backing store type. tgt-admin can't handle
'--bstype', right?

It's nice to add '--bstype' support to tgt-admin but I think that this
is not tgt-admin responsibility.

We need to implement a new mechanism to handle the relationship
between device types and backing store types. For now, I'll add a hack
to fix the problem.