[stgt] iser monitor/debug mode packet capture

charles zhuang charlesz at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Jun 9 23:43:47 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am wondering whether there's a mechanism to dump out and capture iser
packet for debugging/monitoring purpose. I can run ethereal on IpoIB and
iscsi, but obviously there's no easy way to achieve the same thing on
iser.
One idea I am thinking is that I can manually dump out the pdu in tx/rx
direction, put on some Ethernet header and shift it over to the host
Ethernet if. My guess is there's some mechanism that people have already
tried.
Another question is if indeed there's such an iser packet capture, is
there a current wire shark (ethereal) plug in to interpret the packet
bits?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles