[stgt] centos 5.3 crc32c module question

Alex Zeffertt alex.zeffertt at eu.citrix.com
Wed Jun 10 18:27:26 CEST 2009

Hi Charles,

If you are just using CentOS as the initiator and not the target then you could
always use iscsi-initiator-utils (a.k.a. open-iscsi) instead of ofed.  This is
supported in the official CentOS repos. You just need to

  yum install iscsi-initiator-utils
  iscsiadm -m discovery -p <targetip> -t sendtargets
  iscsiadm -m node -p <targetip> -T <target iqn reported by prev cmd> -l

Then the block device nodes appear - as if by magic - under /dev/disk/by-path/

I'm not familiar with ofed, but it sounds like it requires you to reconfigure
and rebuild your kernel.

Regards,

Alex