[stgt] 0.9.11 released

Albert Pauw albert.pauw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:08:26 CET 2009

On 11/27/2009 10:49 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Albert Pauw wrote:
>
>> The most obvious difference is that the mode_pages are set up before
>> defining the element types in my script, while the
>> targets.conf version does it the other way round. The other thing is
>> that the script defines one separate media_home, while
>> the targets.conf version defines the same media_home for every
>> element_type.
>
> Could you check what makes a difference here?
>
> 1. In the output generated by tgt-admin, set mode_page before defining
> element types
Bingo, moved the following before the mode page in my manual script,
just like tgt-admin does:

tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun=4
--params
"element_type=4,start_address=500,quantity=3,media_home=/root/btapes"
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun=4
--params "element_type=4,address=500,tid=1,lun=1"
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun=4
--params "element_type=4,address=500,tid=1,lun=2"
tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun=4
--params "element_type=4,address=500,tid=1,lun=3"

Now I get the error message again.
If I move these settings back AFTER defining the mode pages, it works fine.

> 2. One separate media home - I guess tgt-admin could define that too,
> if you make it a different "param"?

This didn't made a difference.

So there you go,

Albert