[stgt] targets.conf problem, setting up tape drives

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Oct 26 11:14:17 CET 2009

Albert Pauw wrote:
> On 10/25/2009 12:57 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>
>> A simple workaround might be to create a symlink as a second backing
>> store.
>
> Just checked that last suggestion, it doesn't work.

Works for me.

If you do:

tgt-admin -e -v

Do you see the following output?

# Device /mnt/1/notape1 is used (already tgtd target?).

# Run 'lsof /mnt/1/notape1' to see the details.

# Skipping device /mnt/1/notape1 - it is in use.

# You can override it with --force or 'allow-in-use yes' config option.

By default, we don't allow to use one block device more than once, as it
can mean corruption when used by more than one initiator.

If this was the case for you, just add "allow-in-use yes" to the target
configuration:

<target iqn.2008-09.com.example:server.tape>
allow-in-use yes
<backing-store /mnt/1/notape>
         lun 1
(...)

If it was something different, please paste the whole output of
"tgt-admin -e -v" (and the config file, if it is different from the one
you sent in your first post).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org