[stgt] Strange sendtargets behaviour

Chris Webb chris at arachsys.com
Mon Sep 14 19:22:01 CEST 2009

I have one other observation that might be helpful. The error case can be
detected by non-empty stderr from iscsiadm discovery. Using this, I wrote two
tight loops:

This one runs indefinitely without aborting:

  while [ -z "`iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p $HOST 2>&1 >/dev/null`" ]; do
    iscsiadm -m node -T $TARGET -l
    iscsiadm -m node -T $TARGET -u
  done

where this one crashes after a few repeats, leaving the sendtargets data
corrupted for future discoveries:

  iscsiadm -m node -T $TARGET -l
  while [ -z "`iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p $HOST 2>&1 >/dev/null`" ]; do
    iscsiadm -m node -T $TARGET -u
    iscsiadm -m node -T $TARGET -l
  done

This means that the corruption appears following a login, and disappears again
following the corresponding logout.

Cheers,

Chris.