[stgt] tgt-admin and a -C, --control-port argument

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:35:25 CEST 2010

I dont think that is viable for Chandra.

TGTD is pretty limited performance wise with its central eventloop. On
a many-core machine with a lot of memory
the central event loop quickly becomes a bottleneck.

For these usecases you really want to run multiple instances of tgtd.
In particular if you have a high-end storage subsystem attached
that can deliver high enough throughput.

Perhaps have one instance of TGTD for each 10GbE adapter. Perhaps one
instance of TGTD for every 2 cores.

But, some of us do need to run multiple tgtd processes in order to get
high enough throughput.

regards
ronnie sahlberg