[stgt] How to set device parameters?

juergen.kadidlo at exasol.com juergen.kadidlo at exasol.com
Wed Feb 3 18:06:55 CET 2010

Hi!

 I'm trying to write a driver for a new type of iSCSI target and I'm
using "bs_rdwr.c" as a reference. However, there are some things that
are pretty unclear to me, and one of them is: how are parameters like
sector-size and number of sectors of a device determined? I could not
find code that queries these parameters from the target-device. And
tgtadm doesn't seem to support such params. However, there is not much
documentation, so I'm not sure about that...

To be more precise: assuming that I want to use a file as a target, how
can I specify the sector-size and number of sectors/bytes?

Regards

JK