[stgt] tgtd: No available low level driver!

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 23:25:09 CET 2010

Hi,

Guess this is a fairly n00bish question, but google did not really
help me with this.
After getting iscsi target to work under ubuntu, I decided to give it
a stab to get 1.0.0 working under openembedded.
Things compile like a charm, but when I want to start tgtd I get the
eror message
No available low level driver!

Kinda stuck with this. Guess it is something trivial (e.g. a missing
kenrnel module).
I've already inserted every scsi module I have available, but to no avail.

The relevant part of lsmod:
raid_class              4944  0
ch                     13312  0
iscsi_tcp               9404  0
scsi_wait_scan          1024  0
libiscsi_tcp           12256  1 iscsi_tcp
libiscsi               31300  2 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi_tcp
scsi_transport_iscsi    31764  2 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi
iscsi_trgt             74040  3
scsi_tgt               12956  0

SD and SG are  built into the kernel.

I doubt that I need the topmost 2 but better safe than sorry.

Hardware: Beagleboard (armv7a) with 2.6.29 kernel. Attached is my .config
Basically I want to use this as an iscsi target over ethernet.
(actually I'll probably move over to sheevaplug but the beagle was
more handy to test things out).

Anyone a suggestion?

Thanks alot!
Frans.