[stgt] Using tgtd to pass through a SCSI tape drive

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 01:03:43 CEST 2010

markh794 at gmail.com wrote:
> The table starting at page 48 (Drive Commands) lists each command
> timeout value.
>
> The 'long erase' is the longest at 235minutes.

This timed out with the timeout at 60 minutes:

# mt -f /dev/st1 erase

with:

st 1:0:3:0: CDB: Erase: 19 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
mptscsih: ioc0: target reset: SUCCESS (sc=ffff8101224c3800)

I don't know of that corresponds to a long erase or not tho'.  AFAIK
it's reasonable with hard disks to erase a disk using "write same", and
that could take hours with large disks, or arrays I assume?

I'm running the erase again on the underlying device to see how long it
takes....

Cheers,

Tim.