[stgt] VSCSI Target Driver

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:06:34 CEST 2010

Hi fellows,
      Im working in a project aimed to port Linux virtio to Power
Platform, and also documenting vscsi underling operation. While
reading ibmvstgt.c driver, I found something I cant understand:
      The SCSI command is extracted from this transport frame (SRP)
and then pushed to the user space daemon 'tgtd' which process it,
right?
       In the case of read/write commands incoming from the initiator
(vscsiclient), I guess the command is converted in a new read/write
operation which is performed in the physical disk, is it?
       I couldn't understand how and who calls the read/write function
ibmvstgt_rdma() (which effectively put the data from/into the disk)
and why this function seems to be called after  ibmvstgt_cmd_done()
function. Why there isn't a queuecommand function like in
ibmvscsiclient.c used by SCSI?
       I would be very glad if someone could shed me some light.
Regards,
Erlon