[stgt] [BUG] Tgt-1.0.8 exited unexpectedly

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Sep 24 10:54:38 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 01:05:05 +0900 (JST)
Hirokazu Takahashi <taka at valinux.co.jp> wrote:

> I want VastSky which is a cluster storage system to use TGT as its

Interesting. There are some similar experiments. IBM does the similar
and I also did the similar with OpenStack. RedHat Hail does the
similar with their own iSCSI target implementation.

Out of curiosity, can VastSky avoid reading the old data?

For example, WRITE goes to the three replica nodes, then WRITE to the
same sector fails on the first replica node (e.g. timeout because the
node is too busy) but succeeds with the rest two nodes (so the two
nodes have the newer data).

Then if the two nodes having the new data are down, is it possible
that an initiator gets the old data from the first node (when the
initiator issues READ to the same sector)?