[stgt] tgt-admin functionality

James Pattinson james at pattinson.org
Fri Apr 8 10:43:01 CEST 2011

Hi

I've made a small patch against tgt-admin that's hardly worth sharing
but it is useful for me as it adds support for device-type and bs-type.
While browsing the code it seems to be that tgt-admin is currently
limited in that it can only effectively configure 1 LUN per target with
the correct options.

Are there bigger plans for tgt-admin or an alternative way to have
persistent configuration?

Cheers
James

[root at centos ~]# diff old/tgt-1.0.15/scripts/tgt-admin
tgt-1.0.15/scripts/tgt-admin
838c838,844
<
---

 >         my $bs_type = show_target_info($current_target, "bs_type");
 >         print "\tbs-type $bs_type\n";
 >
 >         my $device_type = show_target_info($current_target,
"device_type");
 >         print "\tdevice-type $device_type\n";

936a943,955
 >     # Returns Backing store type:
 >     } elsif ($task eq "bs_type") {
 >         if ($tgtadm_output{$existing_target} =~ m/Backing store type:
 >             return $1
 >         }
 >     # Returns Backing store LUN type:
 >     } elsif ($task eq "device_type") {
 >         if ($tgtadm_output{$existing_target} =~ m/Type:
(?!controller)(.+)/ ) {