[stgt] Read10 question about EDTL

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:21:52 CEST 2011

List,

Assume we have a SBC device and an initiator sends a
READ10 with a TRANSFER LENGTH of 2 blocks,   or 1024 bytes of data.

Assume this is sent in a iSCSI pdu that has set
ExpectedDataTransferLength of 512.

What should the target do here?

My thinking is that this is not an error, so the target should return
SCSI_STATUS_GOOD.
However, we only provided a read buffer of 512 bytes so an overflow of
another 512 bytes occured.

So the target should respond with SCSI_STATUS_GOOD,
send a single DATA-IN PDU containing the first 512 bytes of data and
then also set the
O flag to signal overflow and set the residual count to 512.

Does that sound right to the resident SCSI experts ?
(At least one target returns a check condition for this)

Regards
Ronnie Sahlberg