[stgt] tgtadm: this target already exists - with >100 targets

Andy Grover agrover at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 22:17:14 CEST 2012

On 07/04/2012 12:45 AM, Konstantin Skaburskas wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for the delay with mine.
>
> This particular installation is on Fedora 14 with
> scsi-target-utils-1.0.18-2.fc14.x86_64. Unfortunately, we can't
> stop/update tgtd now as the system is under heavy use.
>
> We certified our system on CentOS 6.2 as well, but there I see even
> older version :(
> scsi-target-utils-1.0.14-4.el6.x86_64
>
> How do you roll out the latest stable releases for CentOS? Or we will
> have to build it?

Red Hat packager here.

The fix was not deemed critical enough to backport, so RHEL
scsi-target-utils does not contain it.

I'm working on packaging 1.0.29 for rawhide and f17, but Fedora 14 is
unsupported now and won't get updated. You may want to look into
updating and building it yourself. You probably want to start with a
.src.rpm from before the systemd switchover.

Regards -- Andy