[stgt] PATCH: Make the check for LBA out of range for READ*/WRITE* better

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:29:10 CEST 2012

Tomo,

Please find attached a patch that fixes the range check for
read*/write* where the transfer length is 0 blocks.
For these commands, we still need to check the LBA that it is within a
valid range eventhough no actual data is transferred.

TGTD used to incorrectly only test for i/o beyond the end of the
device IFF the transfer length was non-zero.
But we actually should check this even for the case where transfer
length == zero.

This patch makes TGTD return a check condition and lba out of range
for such commands where the lba is beyond the end of the device.

regards

ronnie sahlberg