[stgt] Looking for iSCSI SAN guidance

Eric epretorious at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 20:54:10 CEST 2012

Hello, All:

I'm just beginning to learn about SAN and with iSCSI in particular. I've
 got a fairly good handle on the subject generally (e.g., I have a good
grasp of the roles performed by DRBD, iSCSI,  OCFS2, GFS2, etc). I've
already read a handful of quickstart guides (e.g., linuxjournal.com,
cybercity.biz, fedoraproject.org, etc). What I need, though, is a more
practical source of guidance. e.g., A sort of best practices guide that
might shine some light on topics like the IET string/value, the
significance of the LUN ID, SCSI ID, and the optional part of the target
 name, etc.

I'd be thankful for any assistance.

Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA