[stgt] Cannot use password-protected target until restart

Yaron Sheffer yaronf at porticor.com
Tue Jul 23 16:46:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

we are using the stock tgtd on Ubuntu 12.04 (v1.0.17), and we're seeing
the following problem, which we previously saw with stock tgtd on Ubuntu
10.04.

When we add a new target which is password-protected, it cannot be used
immediately. iSCSI login fails, and from the packet capture it appears
as if the target was not found. However tgtd is aware of the new target,
and after we restart the daemon, the target is fully usable.

Is this a known issue? If it is, can anybody point me to a fix?

Thanks,
     Yaron