[stgt] Problem connecting from a Bosch IP camera

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:00:11 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a couple of Bosch IP security cameras (NDN-265-PIO) that
supports iSCSI.  So I set up a target with tgtd on a Linux machine and
use a loginal volume on one physical drive as a LUN. However, when I
try to connect with the Bosch camera, I got a message "Error reading
LUN map from iSCSI system".  I've contacted Bosch Tech Support and
they said they only supported Bosch iSCSI systems, even though they
claim their implementation is based on standard.

The log entry I got on the Linux machine when the Bosch camera tried to connect

Mar 29 13:55:57 localhost tgtd: conn_close(101) connection closed, 0x24771a8 1
Mar 29 13:55:57 localhost tgtd: conn_close(101) connection closed, 0x24782d8 1
Mar 29 13:55:57 localhost tgtd: conn_close(107) sesson 0x24771a0 1

I can connect to the LUN with a Window 8 iSCSI initiator without problem.

Thanks,

TDS